Tuesday, July 29, 2008

7-Bone Crock Pot Roast

Easy Pot Roast Recipe

So I've been shopping the ads lately and only buying meat that is $2.00 / lb or less. I got a big old roast for $1.49 / lb. I had never made a roast before so I had to learn.
The recipe calls for wine but I forgot about it. Instead of water I put in a couple cups of chicken stock. I got everything ready the night before, put it in the fridge and then in the morning plugged in the crock pot. It turned out great!
The recipe said to add a salad and hot crusty bread. That would definitely have been good too.
  • 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
  • 1/2 C water
  • 1 C red wine
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • Carrot slices
  • Potato cubes
  • Garlic, minced (1-2 cloves or to taste)
  • 1 (4-5 lbs.) 7-bone roast
Place onion, carrot slices and potato cubes in bottom of crock pot. Place roast on top and season with salt and pepper. Add water and wine, sprinkle with soup.
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

It turned out great and I have made it a few times since the first time.  It is an easy pot roast recipe.

3 comments:

Voice of Reason said...

This was very good. Thanks for the recipe.

Elaine said...

You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed it.

Unknown said...

When do you put in the garlic?