Makes 6 servings
Prep time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper. (I diced mine for the kids' sake)
- 3 cups assorted veggies such as 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces, 1 cup frozen peas, 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup chicken broth (or use a bouillon cube and water)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 20 or so cooked shrimp (or 1/2 pound chicken or just use some from your rotisserie chicken or leftover pork loin)
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a 12-in. nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil for 2-3 minutes. Add red pepper for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in everything else except for peas, cream, butter, Parmesan cheese and the cooked meat or shrimp.(If using raw chicken put it in here too cut in 1 inch pieces)
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add peas.
- Add cream, butter, Parmesan cheese and the cooked meat or shrimp. Transfer to a large bowl. Drain the fettuccine and add to sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss to coat.