- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large green pepper cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- In a large skillet, brown beef; drain. Set beef aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet saute green pepper, onion, garlic.
- Combine water, tomatoes, and seasonings; bring to a boil. Add rice and bouillon cube. Reduce heat.
- Stir in rice; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is done and vegetables are tender. Stir in beef; return to the stove and heat through.